11 Feb You Should Invest in Preventive HVAC Maintenance
As a homeowner, you count on the fact that your heating and cooling systems are going to run efficiently and effectively. Unless you’re taking the necessary steps to ensure proper performance, though, you could be wasting money on energy bills while putting premature wear and tear on your equipment. Preventive HVAC maintenance is an absolute must for any savvy homeowner looking to protect their investment in their home comfort systems. Read on to learn more about how a preventive maintenance contract could benefit you.
Preventive Maintenance for Heating Systems
Furnace maintenance should ideally occur before you first fire up your heating system for the season. A professional should:
- Check thermostat settings.
- Inspect vents for leaks or blockages.
- Ensure no signs of corrosion or cracks are evident on the heat exchanger.
- Verify proper ignition on the burner.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Check all electrical components.
- Inspect for signs of wear on belts.
- Verify system operation.
- Clean or change air filter.
Preventive Maintenance for Cooling Systems
A professional should perform A/C maintenance before the summer cooling season. This maintenance should include:
- Verifying thermostat settings
- Checking controls and safety switches or controls
- Cleaning the condenser coil
- Verifying refrigerant charge
- Lubricating all moving parts
- Verifying electrical connections
- Inspecting and adjusting belts
- Cleaning and inspecting motors
- Checking condensate drain
- Verifying system operation
- Cleaning or changing air filter
The Value of a Professional Preventive Maintenance Contract
Although the idea of investing your hard-earned money in setting up a professional service contract may seem like just another expense to worry about, having such an agreement in place can truly be a lifesaver. Not only will annual system checkups boost your home comfort levels, but they will also help to add life to your equipment, reduce your monthly energy bills, and help to preserve any warranty coverage that is contingent upon regular maintenance.
Don’t wait another moment to set up a preventive HVAC maintenance contract. Reach out to Airtron Heating and Cooling to get started today. We’re happy to serve the home comfort needs of residents of the greater Indianapolis area.